At GH Eye your eye exam is tailored to your age and your activities. A sports-active 10 year old and an avid 70 year old golfer have different vision and medical eye care requirements. Our goal — Clarify your Vision and make sure your Eyes are Healthy — no matter your age!
Here’s what you can expect when you call us for your GH Eye appointment:
1. We determine whether or not your problem requires urgent care or a convenient appointment slot.
2. We request your vision plan and medical insurance information so that we can file for benefits if we are a provider for your plan. If we are not a provider for your plan we will be happy to assist you in filling out your out-of-network forms. Fees for some tests may not be covered by insurance or vision plan programs. We will alert you as to which additional tests may result in additional fees.
3. When you come in for your appointment, we discuss your eye history, medical history discuss your visual needs so that we can Clarify your Vision – at work, at school, for sports or other activities, and for driving.
4. Testing includes high tech, cutting edge instruments which may include:
–Measurement of intraocular pressure (glaucoma screening test). We do not use the “puff” tonometer – you will find our up to date glaucoma testing to be instantaneous and comfortable.
–Automated Visual Field Test using Heidelberg Visual Field technology.
— Optovue OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) testing for patients who require more advanced macula or glaucoma testing.
–Eye health examination using the Daytona Optomap for panoramic Ultra-Widefield technology. We use this to compare you eye health from year to year to assess for change.
–Precision vision testing using our digital state of the art equipment so that we can Clarify your Vision to the highest degree.
5. Drs. Stoeger, Masiello and Sachinski will summarize your results, answer your questions, and discuss in detail vision or medical conditions that require further evaluation.
6. If you are being fit with Contact Lenses, we stock spherical, bifocal and astigmatic (toric) diagnostic lenses in Oasys, Biofinity, Bausch & Lomb, Proclear, Acuvue, Air Optix Aqua, Avaira, Pure Vision, Ultra, Dailies Total One, MyDay, Clariti, Air Aqua Colors, and almost all one day disposable lenses in multifocal and astigmatism designs! Should you require a complex contact lens fit, your doctor will order custom diagnostic lenses lenses and refine the fit and optics.
We don’t like unpleasant surprises any more than you do, so the staff at GH Eye will review contact lens fees with you prior to contact lens fitting.
7. For glasses wearers, Dr. Stoege, Masiello and Sachinski use advanced optical technology and work closely with GH Eye optical staff to give you the highest level of Clarity, Accuracy and Optical Precision. Our team approach and the hi-tech advanced optical lenses we use cater to patients who want to see the best that they can see!
8. What happens if you’re not happy? Any eye doctor can write a prescription. And any optical location can fill a prescription. What differentiates a great eye care practice is a commitment to accuracy, quality control and problem solving. We hope you never have any problems with contacts or glasses purchased in our office. But if you do, you have the assurance of knowing that the doctors and the team at GH Eye are completely committed to clarify your vision and maximize your visual comfort.
Join the GH Eye Club for substantial discounts and a unique warranty on the best glasses in town!